Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Silver Eagles

*Originally written 12/14/2010*

Just about to go to bed and I was having thoughts of my American Eagle proof coins that I purchased a few weeks ago.
I love American Eagles and I’m collecting the proofs. I’m starting with years 2000-2010. Unfortunately the mint did not produce a silver eagle proof coin in 2009 so I was excited when I heard the 2010′s would be made available on November 19th. So I  signed on to usmint.gov around noon on the 19th to place my order. I purchased two Eagles. Unfortunately due to extremely high traffic my order was lost. I received an email a few days later advising me to re order. I placed my order again and as you can see from the picture that I am now the proud owner of two 2010 Silver American Eagle proof coins.
If your not familiar, the American Eagle is the most sought after silver coin in the world. It is 99.9% Silver. The coin weighs 1 troy ounce and has a silver content of 0.999 troy ounces.
Thanks for taking the time to read my random thoughts.
Merry Christmas
CoinManHerb

No comments:

Post a Comment